Thursday 24 January 2013

Review/Update: Vo5 Shampoo & Conditioner

I previously bought the new VO5 shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair, and last night I finally got round to using them! 

I found that the shampoo was really nourishing and made my hair seem really soft and even looked repaired from all of the heat and hair dye I have previously used. I also found that it already seemed like I had used conditioner on my hair just with this shampoo. It also seemed like quite a light shampoo and made my hair feel lighter, which is good especially since I have really thick hair. Shampoo 7/10
Shampoo & After Shampoo
I found the conditioner made my hair really shiny, however after I had dried it, it wasn't shiny at all and I don't think that this conditioner would make any difference to the overall look and feel of your hair. I felt that the shampoo would work better on its own, as this morning I've had to wash my hair again, because my hair felt so greasy and straw-like, even though I spent double the time washing my hair than I normally do trying to get the conditioner out of my hair.  Conditioner 4/10
Conditioner & After Conditioner
Overall, I prefer the shampoo, and would probably just use another conditioner, such as the Herbal Essence Conditioning Mask, because I don't think that this conditioner is very good and doesn't nourish or soften your hair. I think it just makes your hair feel heavier and makes your hair get greasier quicker. 
Instagram of hair after washing & before straightening!
Excuse the bad quality of the photos, I used my Iphone Camera! 

20 comments:

  1. Thank you :-)
    Have a nice day too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have used these before and i thought the same ! the shampoo is nice but the conditioner didn't do enough for me ! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is lovely! I've discovered l'oreal kerastase volume shampoo is pretty good.

    This is a really interesting post :)

    www.roaringtwentiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo I might have to try that shampoo out next! :-)
      Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. Oh i love ur dip dyed hair! Nice post x

    Chloe xo

    Www.bloominfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post! I've been having troubles with my damaged hair, as I've been searching for a shampoo that could help repair it somehow. =)
    Followed ~

    XOXO
    Cherry Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend this shampoo then! :-)
      Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  6. Love your blog so I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, here's the link for what to do http://justdoingkatie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html
    Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, that's too bad that the conditioner didn't work as well as the shampoo. It's annoying when that happens but at least you have a back-up conditioner. I'm always and forever searching for better haircare but have yet to find any that I really want to stick with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I can't either! Keep trying haha! :-) xx

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry about the conditioner :/
    It looked really promising too
    But that shampoo looks really awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shampoo is so good! I've used it so many times now! :-) xx

      Delete
  9. Oh, I thought the conditioner would be good because I love their home-use hot oil! =)
    - Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too! however it was a major let down! :-( xx

      Delete