Monday 21 January 2013

Review: Simple Spotless Skin Wipes & Moisturiser

Both the Anti Blemish Moisturizer and the Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes claim to give you 'Spotless Skin' and that you should get 'Results from Day 1'. From my experience of these products, I have used the wipes for around 4 months and have repurchased them around 4 times, because I really think that they actually work and I had been looking for some face wipes which could fight spots and take off my make up and these do both effortlessly. I also have quite sensitive skin so I sometimes struggle to get these kind of cleansing wipes, however these do not react with my skin at all and actually leave my skin feeling so soft!


Also, another one of my pet peeves would be when your cleansing wipes are freezing cold especially at night, and they are actually warm and not cold at all, unlike the normal Simple Face Wipes. I really recommend these wipes!

However, I am undecided about the moisturizer. I cannot decide whether it works or not. I find that it doesn't really moisturize my face, it just helps the wipes along with helping to fight spots, which I guess isn't such a bad point, but I always find that I have to use a different moisturizer afterwards, because my face still feels dry after I have used it. However, I do have really dry skin in the winter, so maybe in the summer I will be able to use this more often and not have to use a heavier moisturizer. I think this product would be the perfect summer moisturizer and I also find it useful as a base for my make up, because it is so light and makes it easier to apply foundation more evenly.

These are both now on offer in Superdrug at the moment and I recommend trying these products for yourselves! :-)

17 comments:

  1. I also love these wipes! I have also used this moisturiser, however, I recently went to the dermatologist at the hospital and showed them this moisturiser and she said there is an ingredient in it which is bad for your skin which confused me as it is aimed for acne prone skin :/ I wasn't sure what to believe haha. Lovely review though!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably why it doesn't moisturize at all! Oh dear! I thought Simple products were meant to be good for your skin?!
      Thank you haha
      xx

      Delete
  2. I have tried the moisturiser, it works ok but I wouldn't say it fights spots at all. For me though, eating better, not having any chocolate and drinking loads of water clears my skin up, it's just so much more effort than slapping on a moisturiser *sigh*.
    Katie xx
    http://gravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Hence why I use the wipes haha!
      Thank you for your comment xx

      Delete
  3. I don't know if we have these wipes in the States but I would love to try them out!
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either haha, I hope they are though! xx

      Delete
  4. What what a bargain for these products! I use the Simple Rich Moisturiser and their Moisturising face wash which I like :) I haven't seen these products before so I don't think they are released in Australia yet! Followed you back lovely :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The normal Simple products are also so good!
      Thank you xxx

      Delete
  5. love ur blog, nice post and I would like to try those wipes! I'm ur new follower! don't forget to visit my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!
      I will follow you back now! :-) xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your comment, of course we´d like to follow each other. We follow you now on GFC, please do the same! =)
    KISSES
    http://sharpenstyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you on these products! The moisturiser just doesn't seem up to scratch! Great review :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, I should try those wipes sometime! Especially in the winter those cold wipes are killing! The fact that these are warm sounds quite attracting ;-) The moisturizer doesn't sound so good.. Do you know a good one for dry skin? I've got such a dry skin right now, I'd love to know which one's nice to use :-)

    X Saskia
    http://formerparades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I do as well haha! At the moment I am using Vaseline on the most dry parts at night and then when I wake up I am using the Light Hydrating Simple Moisturizer, but I usually reapply that throughout the day, because you need to use a lot for it to work. I am on the hunt for a moisturizer for more dry skin! So frustrating! xx

      Delete
  9. Hey there! thanks for your comment! I AM A SUPER skin care geek, honestly. If you could give me the ingredient list I could figure out pretty quickly if the moisturiser is good for you or not! :) I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to Simple, as I havent really found any good products, except for the wipes! And if you're struggling with blemishes, I'm going to write a review soon about an AMAZING liquid foundation that doesn't clog pores!:D I followed you on bloglovin btw!
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!
      The ingredients list is so long its unreal haha..
      Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Corn Starch Modified, Zinc PCA, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Benzophenone-4, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene Glycol, Phytosphingosine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Pantolactone, Citric Acid, Anthemis Nobilis Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate
      Oo I will check out that blog post! xx

      Delete